Why Do You Need Project Management Workflow Software?
When you can visualize a project using project management workflow software, you can have a more detailed view of the steps involved in completing a project. So having a project management workflow software is beneficial for the success of both the project and the organization.
# Centralized Control
A project management workflow software is important because you will keep everything centralized. With centralized management, you will have better access to information and can reduce the back and forth emails and phone calls in the approval process. All the members and stakeholders involved in the project can easily access the information and find what’s going on.
# Better Collaboration And Planning
Without a system, it will be difficult for your team to stay on schedule. Furthermore, while managing a large project, each team member is assigned a certain responsibility. To ensure that everyone stays on the same page, you need to have better collaboration. A workflow project management software can simplify team collaboration and enhance planning and communication. The software will have features for file sharing, team communication, data sharing, team dashboard, shared team calendar, task prioritization, and time slots. With these features, your team will be able to prioritize tasks and work accordingly towards the project’s success.
# Accountability and Transparency
Team productivity depends on who is responsible for what. With workflow project management software in place, there is better transparency and accountability. Every stakeholder in the project can check who is currently working on a specific task and can easily visualize the project workflow. In this way, each team member working on a specific task is accountable. This converts into productivity. A workflow project management software will accelerate, simplify and improve reporting accuracy, providing better transparency for the whole project execution.
# Better Resource Management
This is another place where workflow project management software comes to save the day. Aside from managing your team, it is essential that you take care of the resources for the project. To ensure that operations are appropriately handled without hitches, you will need an outline of the needed materials, tools, and equipment for the project. Moreover, you will need to formulate a budget along with the profit and contingencies which needs to be forecasted. A workflow project management software can help project managers estimate costs to maximize profits, provide all the essential resources for the project operations, and calculate their usage accordingly.
Since most of the workflow project management software nowadays is cloud-based, all information is documented and provided with a central data storage. These tools come with KPI dashboards and key metrics, which enable better reporting and help identify problems precisely and find a solution immediately. This reduces the risk of project failure by eliminating missed deadlines, legal complications, and any other potential issues.
Deciding on the Need for a project workflow management software
Now that you know the benefits of a project workflow management software, it is essential to know how to determine if you need one.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is there a definitive start and end date for the project?
- Is there a clear understanding of the goals of the project?
- Are the tasks in the project recurring, or do similar components keep repeating every month or quarter?
- Is there a clear understanding of who is all working on the project?
Even when there is a definitive answer to their questions, having a project management workflow software can essentially be helpful. Some of the signs which tell you that you need one:
- Projects are delayed due to poor email communication, and the tasks get accumulated in the team members’ inboxes.
- There is an evolving confusion with the busy and overlaying spreadsheets.
- Members miss their deadlines due to the lack of accountability and transparency in the process.
- Poor communication and conflict among team members result in the lack of complete individual tasks.
- Redundancies in completing specific tasks assigned to team members in a project result in unnecessary delays.
Therefore, leveraging project management can be the best solution for streamlining all your workflows. This will enable your team to deliver the project on time and achieve high-quality work promptly. The best software you choose will enable you to track multiple projects simultaneously and provide easy monitoring of deadlines and individual team members’ progress.
Top Features to Look for in a project workflow management software
The features of a project workflow management software vary with different platforms. However, these are some of the top features to expect from the tool:
- Dashboard, which will spell out each employee’s work progress, shows assigned tasks and notifies tasks that are due.
- Planning and schedule management will allow the project manager to assign tasks, incorporate new tasks, and have a glance at the work progress without overwhelming the members.
- Role assigning options to add a team member each time a new task is assigned. This will let other team members know who is responsible for each portion of the project.
- Collaboration and documentation will allow for remote collaboration and communication. Also, the documentation can be done remotely and in a secure file-sharing way where the assets can be stored safely with central access.
- Project templates are an essential feature where these templates can be easily customized to fit the business needs.
When the project management workflow software has these features, watch for the pricing. There are multiple tiers with these pricing plan structures, ranging from free, entry-level to premium options, costing a fortune each month. You need to evaluate your financial investment and make a smart move based on the business needs considering – the number of users, features, billing cycle, and affordability.
How Cflow Can Be Your Power Tool
When it comes to project management workflow software, Cflow is your power tool. Cflow has adequate resources that help you create accountability and drive you to continuous improvement. You can easily create workflows with Cflow for your entire project team, providing you with better visibility for potential streamlining. You can also easily identify and eliminate potential risks and automate workflows to enhance efficiency.
Cflow is completely cloud-based, ensuring that every move is documented digital, thus making you paperless. It gives the highest level of security with bulletproof AWS data centers for storing all your important information, and you control data encryption. With automated backups, you don’t need to worry about data loss. So, Cflow is your out-of-the-box project management solution.