Benefits of Business Process Management for Different Departments
1. Finance – Creating a Simplified and Streamlined Workflow
The most important team in any organization, the finance team has to handle lots of invoices, employee salary, operational expenses, and other fiscal requirements.
By introducing Business Process Management in the finance department, you can witness significant improvement in the way they handle invoices in time, maintain salary, approve purchase orders and other expenses.
- The finance team can automate invoices that are generated every month by vendors and have the same amount
- Assigning responsibilities is much easier and it also sends automated notifications to managers who need to approve them
- Saves time spent in maintaining paper documents and approvals while getting rid of bottlenecks caused by decision makers
- Auditing finance receipts, invoices and documents whenever needed is the easiest as all of them are available digitally on the cloud
When they have a clear picture of the expense sheet, it’s easy to audit at the end of the year and also save excessive money spent due to last-minute decision making. Know more about BPM and its benefits.
2. Marketing – Improve Client Relationships and Sales
The marketing department is responsible for bringing customers to a company and sell their products or services.
With so many customers to follow up, a database to maintain and emails or calls to be made, it could be a big hassle if everything is done using email or paper documents.
BPM automates it every time a new customer or vendor is brought onboard. It also makes it easier to track progress, identify talented employees and create an overall business goal for the organization to achieve.
The sales and marketing department can witness significant benefits when their workflow is streamlined through an efficient business process management software as Cflow.
- Client relationships are better handled when everything is saved in the cloud and followups are easier
- It is easier to manage a large number of customers without having to invest in large marketing teams
- Automated emails and notifications can be sent within teams as well as customers with useful features such as scheduling
- Sending invoices in time and getting them approved will go a long way in creating a professional environment. Now the sales team can contribute better for the entire organization
3. Human Resources – The Most Favorable Teams
Human Resources are in-charge of bringing talented employees on board. Why not allow them to focus on their primary goals and not on managing tons of papers?
Business process management helps automate the majority of HR processes including the crucial employee onboarding process, handle induction and retain employees by solving their discrepancies in time. They can also easily coordinate with finance team when it comes to travel reimbursement, employee appraisal and other benefits paving way for better HR operations that contribute to the organization’s growth.
- Employee onboarding is simplified as the repetitive process can be handled through the software and documented automatically
- Maintaining employee documents and photocopies of their certificates are all saved on the cloud as soon as they upload them
- Induction and another basic training process can be assigned to respective tutors to be conducted at the right time
- Assigning employees to different teams and notifying the finance, operations team automatically
- Getting ID cards and new bank accounts can be automated
4. Engineering – Empowering the Engineering Team with Cflow (BPM)
The engineering team is the core area which helps generate revenue for all other teams and also ensure projects are done with assured quality. Their workflow leads to happy clients and contributes to a strong economy for the organization.
- Gets rid of multiple bottlenecks created by team leaders, managers and decision makers
- The workflow is transparent and everyone involved will have a good idea of the overall picture
- Promotes better quality in the services and software being developed as it eases communication among team members
- Meeting deadlines and getting notified when really needed helps different teams work towards a common goal
While these are some of the core teams that contribute immensely to an organization’s performance and growth, BPM can also be used with other teams and for lots of other processes to streamline the workflow. Cflow also works with third-party integrations making it an all-around solution for every organization.